Dr. Karen BeckerDVM, CVA, CCRT
Dr. Becker was born in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and began volunteering at a local humane society at the age of 13 and continued shelter work for the next decade. Through experiences with working with homeless, abused and unwanted animals, she became an animal advocate. Becoming a state-licensed wildlife rehabilitator at age 14, a federally licensed wildlife rehabilitator at age 16 and acquired her permit to rehabilitate endangered species in 2002.
Dr. Becker founded the first proactive animal hospital in the Chicago area in 1999, opened an exotic animal hospital in 2001, and a rehabilitation and pain management clinic in 2011. Today, Dr. Becker still practice medicine, but also enjoy educating people about natural health through TV and radio interviews, lectures and presentations.
Educational Background and Professional Affiliations include:
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point majoring in Wildlife and International Resource Management, 1989
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society's certification course in Houston, TX, 1996
- Iowa State School of Veterinary Medicine, 1997
- Exotic animal internship in California, 1997
- Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy's certification course in Virginia, 1998
- Canine Rehabilitation Institute, 2013
Get Dr. Marty’s 7 Tips to a Healthier Pet Today FREE!
* we value your privacy and will never share your information with anyone.